Thursday, January 3, 2008

Feed Your Head before the Coming New year

30th December 2007..
Yes… just another day left for the new year. Woke up early morning at about 8.00 AM thanks to a stupid mosquito. From then onwards I couldn’t sleep, so I got off the bed. Nothing to do and nothing to say. The best thing I could do was to get my self out of home and fool around. So I phoned my college pal Sajith. Yes the guy from the Srilankan metal band “Merlock” and asked him if there is anything special happening that day. Lucky me!!! Another crazy Rock Concert… What’s more…It was organized by the crazy Wagons. I so wanted to see all these bands playing at a single night. So I was off to Sajith’s and stayed there for a while. I was nit surprised to see him in his pyjamas at 11.00 AM. Few minutes later Sajith’s phone rang. He answered the call and said one single sentence “Ok machang, I’ll be there”. So my guess was right…It was Chathuranga, the Heladiva Warrior from “Funeral In Heaven”. They were about to start the sound check for the concert happening at that night at the Taj Samudra Hotel. We phoned Dumindu and Niroshan to give them the message about the sound check.

All of us finally went to the hotel(Towards the car park) not surprised to see Buddhi my old friend, yes the magnificent musician from “Wagon park” standing outside. He looked so busy but not tired as always. We went inside the club, and I went wow.. How happy I was to see all my rocking friends in there. The “Nemesis”, “Grey mind domain”, “Wagon Park”, and all the individual rock fans. Ok time was up..

The sound check was over at 6.30 PM and we all went back to Dumindu’s place changed our clothes and came back to Taj. The concert started at about 8.30 PM. The first band to perform was “Restricted” If I am not wrong. Not a large audience for the first band. The next band lineup was Nemesis, Grey mind Domain, Merlock… Wagon park. There were more bands I cant remember there names. Sorry about that…But all the mentioned and unmentioned bands were awesome. But it would have been more happening if “Fallen Grace” and “Funeral In Heaven” also played at that night.

But still all the Metal fans and Bands did not miss this concert. We really had a great time Head banging and being moshed…

N-ko-ra returns
Nishan Shanaka Korala Gamage
Writes to
Spontaneous-Combustion
from Sri Lanka